What is the minimum head height for my loft conversion?
It is about 2.1 metres / 210 cm / 7 feet / 84 inches for a loft conversion
If you can stand up in your loft you are doing well. Don’t be shy, measure the height with a tape measure. The ridge is the centre point of your roof, this will be where you measure from and down to your feet.
Richard will double check the height of your attic loft on his FREE ESTIMATE visit to you.
If your attic loft is under 6 foot and you are unable to stand up, your loft conversion will struggle to pass building regulations. There are other options e.g. lowering the ceilings of the rooms below, this will add to your budget. See Richard’s favourites n Pinterest for other ways to convert your attic loft.
For a FREE estimate and advice please email Richard through this contact form to organise a suitable time to pop round.
Richard is your local, professional loft conversion carpenter. Working to your requirements. A guaranteed stress free conversion with the minimum of disruption to your household and neighbours.
- FREE loft conversion design and planning help
- Advice on architect drawings and building regulations
- Competitive prices
- Management of other trades and contractors
- Velux fitter accreditation
- Full Public Liability insurance
- Building loft conversion since 2001
- Reliable, tidy and considerate
- Excellent references available